Download the recorded webinar by filling out the form below.
"Tire Rolling Resistance Ratings and Real World Fuel Savings - An Expert Overview"
Measurement of tire Rolling Resistance (RR) is becoming increasingly important as various rating/labeling systems are established in different parts of the world. ISO 28580 test method for single-point RR measurement has become the basis for these rating systems. In this webinar, we look at how some of the already established RR rating systems can be interpreted to real world fuel savings and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The reliability of these rating systems in assisting consumers select fuel efficient tires and protect the environment, depends on how well the RR ratings differentiate real world fuel savings and GHG emissions.
The webinar covers:
- Domestic and international tire RR rating systems
- How passenger and commercial tire RR ratings relate to real world fuel savings and GHG emissions
- Laboratory RR test methods used to rate tires
- Using lab RR data to determine the expected fuel savings by switching to low RR tires
- Deviation of real world fuel savings from the expected fuel savings