Webinar ran: May 2018.
Download the recording and slides using the link at the bottom of the page.
Non-intentionally added substances (NIAS)
are chemical compounds that are present in a material but have not been added for a technical reason during the production process. Their presence in food contact materials is often challenging for food contact materials producers.
The webinar will cover:
- Definition - what are NIAS?
- Main elements of the regulations
- Identification and quantification of NIAS - key challenges for the food packaging industry
- Testing considerations: applying the correct procedures to identify unknown substances
- Toxicology Risk Assessments:
- What are these?
- What needs to be included to assess potential health risk associated with the final material or article in accordance with internationally recognised scientific principles.
Find out more about our food contact testing services
Download the webinar below: