Metal packaging is estimated now to be worth $127.3 billion in 2022 The industry will see an annual growth rate of 2.9% CAGR 2022–27 The market is forecast to have a value of $147.0 billion value in 2027, based on current prices and exchange rates for 2020.
What does the report cover?
The report aims to give readers a comprehensive view of the current and future trends in the metal packaging industry and provide exhaustive and incisive information. It is based on careful review of trade statistics, the value and where possible volume of leading companies by sector. The scope of the report covers the prospects for the metal packaging industry, analysed according to the different packaging types and national/regional markets. There are no consolidated statistics like consumption data, which means that all available statistics and reports have been reviewed
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- The end use that is promoting the greatest growth in the metal packaging industry
- The geographic region that is witnessing the steepest growth
- Technological developments which are causing the industry growth in metal packaging
- The impact the pandemic had on the metal packaging industry and the recovery we are currently witnessing
- How the metal packaging industry has fantastic environmental credentials, and scores very highly on sustainability
The Smithers methodology
- The impact of down gauging in the metal packaging industry following sustainability directives
- The impact of US steel tariffs on the global metal packaging industry
- How chemistry is providing more alternatives to BPA coatings
- How new technologies are allowing the metal packaging industry to flourish in uncertain times
- The impact of the pandemic on metal packaging
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events
Who should buy the report?
About the author
- Tinplate and aluminium suppliers
- Metal can converters
- Beverage and food brands
- Industrial packaging and bulk logistics companies
- Packaging industry consultants and analysts
Mark Smyth established MS Can Solutions in 2019 which is an independent packaging consultancy based in France, providing business, marketing and packaging intelligence to the packaging industry. His experience is across R&D, engineering, commercial and strategic planning, and included various management positions in metal, glass, plastic container and flexible packaging businesses serving beverage, food, personal care and industrial markets.