- Images should be photographs, either stock or Smithers photos. Vector images should not be used unless it is an icon.
- Images should follow the Smithers Media Policy Guidelines. The usage of images that do not comply will be removed.
- Clear, non-pixelated images should be used. Make sure the images do not look skewed or grainy when appearing in a social channel posting or main page.
- When possible, incorporate the Smithers logo in the image.
- Post's content should follow the Smithers Media Policy Guidelines. Any post that does not comply will be removed.
- Posts should be concise and written in the tone of sage archetype.
- Avoid using humour in posts.
- Emojis should not be used in posts.
- Numbers should be written as numbers, not words.
- Abbreviations are acceptable if restricted by character limits for industry known acronyms. Don’t abbreviate a Smithers division name unless the full name is stated earlier in post, i.e. Smithers Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS). Avoid referencing division and use only Smithers as much as possible.
*Image sizes need to be consistent across the channels saved in a .jpeg, .png, or .gif format.*
- Post - 1024 x 512
- Header – 1500 x 500
- Post – 1200 x 627
- Header -1128 x 191
- Profile – 800 x 800
- Channel Cover Photo – 2560 x 1440
- Link – 1200 x 627
- Image – 1200 x 1200
- Cover – 1702 x 630
Each word in the hashtag should be upper case. i.e. #WeAreSmithers, #TestingTire, #DrugTesting
Cross Channel Strategy
LinkedIn Profile Setup
- Social media post copy should be tailored to each channel.
- It’s fine to share the same offering or message across multiple channels, but adapting the post to the audience of that channel will maximize engagement.