In many applications, torsional forces applied to a component or material can cause stress, fatigue, and eventual failure. Smithers' torsional testing capabilities allow development teams to evaluate everything from polymer material formulations to final, end products under a variety of test conditions. While we cover a wide range of test methods, we can also review custom setups to design a testing program that would meet your requirements.
Torsional Testing Capabilities
- Double-acting servohydraulic actuator
- Force capacity up to ±25kN (±5620 lbf)
- Torque capacity of ±100 Nm (±880 in-lb)
- High-stiffness, precision-aligned load frame with twin columns and actuator in upper crosshead
- 100 mm (4 in) of usable axial strike and ±130° of rotation
Common applications include: